2017-2018 PROGRAMS OVERVIEW
AUGUST 2017 – Sue Pawlowski
- Lecture and Trunk Show: August 17, 2017 – “No Work – All Play”
- Workshop: Friday August 18 – “Stuffed Olives” (1/2 day)
- Workshop: Saturday August 19 – “Jack’s Chain”
- Workshop: Friday September 15 – “Barn Sign Painting with Suzi Parron”
- Quilt Show: Friday September 22 – Set-up, Saturday September 23 & Sunday September 24 – Open 10-6pm
OCTOBER 2017 – Cathy Geier
- Lecture and Trunk Show: October 19, 2017 – “Landscapes from Alaska to Wisconsin“
- Workshop: Friday October 20 – “Strip Applique”
- Workshop: Saturday October 21 – “Forest Scenes”
NOVEMBER 2017 – Karen Musgrave
- Lecture and Trunk Show: November 16 – “Connecting Cultures, an American Artist’s Pilgrimage“
- Workshop: Friday November 17 – “Quilt As You Go Technique” – supply list
JANUARY 2018 – Sarah Nishiura
- Lecture and Trunk Show January 18th
- Workshop: Saturday January 20 – “Foundation Paper Piecing”
FEBRUARY 2018 – Kathy Flowers
- Lecture and Trunk Show February 15th
MARCH 2018 – Chris Lynn Kirsch
- Lecture and Trunk Show: March 15 – “Quilt Tales“
- Workshop: Friday March 16 – “Replique Cone Flowers”
APRIL 2018 – Lisa Binkley
- Lecture and Slide Show: April 19 – “Continuous Threads”
- Workshop: Friday April 20 – “Beginning Bead Embroidery”
- Workshop: Saturday April 21 – “Bead Embroidered Ornaments”
MAY 2018 – Jane Sassaman
- Lecture and Trunk Show: May 17 – “Jane’s Textile Treasure Garden“
JUNE 2018 – Annette Ornelas
- Lecture and Trunk Show: June 21 – “Peeled Back Patchwork/Dimensional Curved Piecing“
- Workshop: Friday June 22 – “Tulip Dance”
- Workshop: Saturday June 23 – “Waves of Glory”
- Workshops are reserved for NSQG Members each new fiscal year, from June through the first of October. After October 1st, non-members may register for workshops anytime, providing there is an opening. NSQG members pay $45.00 for full day workshops and $25.00 for half day workshops. The non-member price for workshops is $55.00 for full day workshops and $35.00 for half day workshops.
- No seat in any workshop is reserved until payment has been received.
- Please come early enough to be set up for the start of the class. Doors will open at 9:00 AM; class begins at 9:30 AM unless otherwise indicated.
- Be prepared. This includes having all items on the supply list, sewing machine in good working order, and basic sewing supplies. It is also a good idea to bring an extension cord, power strip, a small iron and an ironing surface that may be shared with other students.
- If you need to cancel your attendance in a workshop, you will receive a full refund only if your spot can be filled.
- Lunch is on your own. Most venues will allow you to eat in the classroom which means you can brown bag it. Some venues have a refrigerator available. An hour is built into the class time for a lunch break, which is flexible and could affect the end time of the workshop.
- Cell phones should be silenced during class. If you need to make or take a call, please exit the classroom.
- Visitors are very distracting to the teacher and other students, and should not be in the classroom.
- If you know you have to leave class early, please try to sit in the back of the classroom.
- In consideration of others, please refrain from wearing perfumes.
For additional information on any of our programs or to sign-up for our workshops, please contact Marne Chilstrom at firstname.lastname@example.org