The Northwest Suburban Quilters Guild is primarily made up of individuals from the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago who share a passion and appreciation for the art of quilting. In recent years, since the pandemic, our membership has expanded to include people from across the United States, Canada and around the Globe!
Our Guild’s mission is to foster the art of quilting and to encourage a high standard of design and technique in all of quilting’s various forms. We do this through our meeting programs, educational workshops, our various communication avenues (newsletters, websites, social media) and special events such as our Winter Picnic, Retreats and our Biannual Quilt Show!
Consider joining us for one of our local or on-line meetings! Our Guild meets monthly on the third Thursday of each month (except December) either in person or on Zoom. All meetings begin at 7PM. In person meetings are held at : Rolling Meadows Community Center (3705 Pheasant Drive, Rolling Meadows, Illinois) with doors open at 6:30pm and Zoom meetings are opened up at 6:45pm. In June 2023 we are having a special event for our meeting and it will be held at the Hilton Garden Inn Schaumburg, please note our alternative days for that event. All times are Central Standard Time (CST).
Members are Free and Guests are $10 when we have a speaker, $5.00 for meetings without a speaker. Guests may attend 2 meetings per Membership Year.
Monthly Meeting Locations:
Rolling Meadows Community Center
Hilton Garden Inn Schaumburg (June 2023)
- Join us on Zoom Thursday November 17th for Quilt 2 End ALZAshli is the founder of Quilt 2 End ALZ, Inc., which is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization connecting quilters with the fight to end Alzheimer’s. Ashli will present a lecture and trunk show about Alzheimer’s disease, what we can do about it, and how Q2EA is using quilting as a platform to encourage, educate and support our quilting community as advocates to end Alzheimer’s.
- Join us Thursday October 20th for Emily Parson Lecture and Trunk ShowOn Thursday October 20th, 2022 we welcome Emily Parson to NSQG! Emily is an award-winning quilt maker from Saint Charles, Illinois. Her quilts have been shown in exhibits and galleries around the world, including Quilt National ’97 and ’99 at the Dairy Barn Arts Center, “Edge to Edge: Selections
- Enjoying the Journey with Giucy GiuceThe NSQG welcomed Giuseppe Ribaudo this past Thursday through Saturday for a lecture and two workshops. During Giuseppe’s trunk show and lecture we were brought along on his journey from a budding stage actor to creating quilts. Posting his creations to Instagram and developing patterns turned out to be
- Let’s Meet Giucy Giuce!Let’s meet our September speaker, Giuseppe Ribaudo. Giucy Guice (aka Giuseppe Ribaudo) grew up in his seamstress grandmother’s home in Long Island, NY. He spent a lot of time watching her precision construction of garments for his entire family while his parents worked at their restaurant. His quilting journey
- NSQG Makes a Showing at AQS Grand Rapids Quilt Show!The Northwest Suburban Quilters Guild was one of 16 guilds to qualify for showing and competing in the Ultimate Guild Challenge at the AQS (American Quilter’s Society) show in Grand Rapids, Michigan this past week (August 17th-21st). Our quilts were well received with many visitors stopping to read the
- Tia Curtis Makes Welsh Quilting Approachable for any Quilter!The NSQG welcomed Tia Curtis to our guild on August 18th, 2022 for her lecture and trunk show on Welsh Quilting.
- Let’s Meet Tia Curtis and don’t forget we have a Venue Change for our August Meeting!Before we forget we want to announce we have a venue change for our August meeting coming up next week on August 18th, 2022. Our meeting location has changed to the Hilton Garden Inn in Schaumburg, IL. The address is 1191 Woodfield Road, Schaumburg, IL 60173-4773. The hotel is
- Mini Quilt Sale AnnouncementThe Miniature Quilt Sale, which occurs during our Quilt Show has posted the mini quilt guidelines. Please visit the Mini Quilt Page for information on how to participate. The NSQG encourages all of our members to donate to our Mini Quilt Sale fundraiser. Thank you for your support!
- Volunteers Needed for Quilt Show CommitteeVolunteers are the heart of our show! Join us as we take on the tasks needed to produce such a large event. Our Quilt Show Chairs and Committee have been hard at work putting together the early stages of planning the 2023 show. We are currently filling all the
- “Faces of Hope” – 2023 QS ChallengeVideo Links Below to the entire Alex Anderson Face Classes Video 1: Celebrating Quilter Freddy Moran Video 2: Faces Introduction Video 3: The Background Video 4: Customize Your Face Video 7: Video 5: Sewing it All Down Video 6: Quilting It
Calendar of Events At-a-Glance
|November 17, 2022||On Zoom – Ashli Montgomery – Quilt 2 End ALZ||No workshops this month|
|December 2022||No meetings or workshops this month.|
Enjoy your holidays!
January 21, 2023
|On Zoom – Julia Graves – Community and Faith in Fiber||Zoom workshop|
9:30am – 4:30pm Full Day – Amazing Abstracts
|February 16, 2023|
February 18, 2023
|On Zoom – Timna Tarr – Flying Colors Trunk Show||Anytime: Workshop On-Demand – O Happy Day: Appliqued Circles|
Feb 18th: Zoom Re-Cap/show and tell of workshop, time to be determined.
|March 16, 2023||On Zoom – Dana Jones – The International Honor Quilt:|
Women Remembering Women
|April 20, 2023|
April 21, 2023
April 22, 2023
|In Person – Phyllis Fay – Motivate Me to use My Stash!||In Person workshops|
9:30am-4:30pm Full Day – Get Your T-Shirt Quilt Started
9:30am-4:30pm Full Day – Bread and Butter Table Runner
|May 20-21, 2023||Quilt Show! – Judson University||Quilt Show! – Judson University|
June 9, 2023
June 9, 2023
June 10, 2023
|All Events take place at Hilton Garden Inn Schaumburg|
Special Event with Laura Heine
Please Note Alternative Day and Time!
6:30pm Trunk Show
|In Person workshops|
9:30am-4:30pm Full Day – Teeny Tinies Collage
9:30am-4:30pm Full Day – Larger Collage
|July 20, 2023||Annual Program Reveal 2023||No Workshops|
Sign-Up for a Workshop to Build Your Skills!
Below are the workshop offerings for the 2022-2023 membership year.
January Workshop Full Day (On Zoom) with Julia Graves – Amazing Abstract$60.00 – $70.00 Select options
February – O Happy Day: Applique Circles Re-Cap (On Zoom)$0.00 Select options
April Workshop Full Day (In Person) with Phyllis Fay – T-Shirt Quilt$60.00 – $70.00 Select options
April Workshop Full Day (In Person) with Phyllis Fay – Bread and Butter Table Runner$60.00 – $70.00 Select options
June Workshop Full Day (In Person) with Laura Heine – Teeny Tiny Collage Kit$60.00 Select options
June Workshop Full Day (In Person) with Laura Heine – Full Size Collage Kit$60.00 Select options
Mark Your Calendar for The Art of Hope Quilt Show – May 20-21, 2023!
Join us May 20-21, 2023 for The Art of Hope Quilt Show!
The Art of Hope Quilt Show Committee is busy planning our show for Spring 2023.
Quilt Show Chairs: Renee Puccetti