The Northwest Suburban Quilters Guild is primarily made up of individuals from the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago who share a passion and appreciation for the art of quilting. In recent years, since the pandemic, our membership has expanded to include people from across the United States, Canada and around the Globe!
Our Guild’s mission is to foster the art of quilting and to encourage a high standard of design and technique in all of quilting’s various forms. We do this through our meeting programs, educational workshops, our various communication avenues (newsletters, websites, social media) and special events such as our Winter Picnic, Retreats and our Biannual Quilt Show!
Consider joining us for one of our local or on-line meetings! Our Guild meets monthly on the third Thursday of each month (except December) either in person or on Zoom. All meetings begin at 7PM. In person meetings are held at : Rolling Meadows Community Center (3705 Pheasant Drive, Rolling Meadows, Illinois) with doors open at 6:30pm and Zoom meetings are opened up at 6:45pm. In June 2023 we are having a special event for our meeting and it will be held at the Hilton Garden Inn Schaumburg, please note our alternative days for that event. All times are Central Standard Time (CST).
Members are Free and Guests are $10 when we have a speaker, $5.00 for meetings without a speaker. Guests may attend 2 meetings per Membership Year.
Monthly Meeting Locations:
Rolling Meadows Community Center
Hilton Garden Inn Schaumburg (June 2023)
What’s Happening in our Guild!
Mark Your Calendar for The Art of Hope Quilt Show – May 20-21, 2023!
Hours: Saturday 9am-6pm and Sunday 10am-5pm
Location: Lindner Fitness Center on the campus of Judson University, Elgin Illinois
Come see the Quilts!
Shop our Vendors!
Take a Chance and Win in one of our Raffles!
Thrift at our Scrap Fabric and Used Book Sale!
The NSQG Calendar of Events At-a-Glance
|February 16, 2023|
February 18, 2023
|On Zoom – Timna Tarr – Flying Colors Trunk Show||Anytime: Workshop On-Demand – O Happy Day: Appliqued Circles|
Feb 18th: Zoom Re-Cap/show and tell of workshop, time to be determined.
|March Madness!|| In lieu of our annual Winter Picnic we have coordinated these places and times to help you with all your Quilt Show needs. Come and work on your quilt, drop off monies and raffle ticket stubs (or pick up more!), turn in entry forms, get pictures taken of your entry (you’ll need it to go along with the entry form). In addition, we’ll offer help with sleeves or labels if you are stuck, or just use this time as a sewing day away from your ‘normal’ life… use it however you need to. |
March 4, 2023 – Palatine Library 10am – 2:30pm (700 N North Court, Palatine, IL 60067)
March 11, 2023 – Schaumburg Library 10am – 4pm (Rasmussen Room, 130 S Roselle Rd, Schaumburg, IL 60193)
March 18th, 2023 – Barrington Library 9am – 4:30pm (505 N Northwest Hwy, Barrington, IL 60010)
|March 16, 2023||In Person – Dana Jones – The International Honor Quilt: Women Remembering Women|
Please note, this lecture was originally going to be a Zoom only lecture. This has been changed to an In-Person lecture at the Rolling Meadows Community Center. No Zoom offered for this meeting at this time.
This date is also the Deadline for Quilt Show Entries! Click here for the Quilt Entry Form
|April 20, 2023|
April 21, 2023
April 22, 2023
|In Person – Phyllis Fay – Motivate Me to use My Stash!|
April 20th is also our due date for the Guild Challenge! Bring your Completed Guild Challenge Quilt to the Rolling Meadows Community Center at 6:00pm. Your quilt will be displayed during the meeting and during the break time after the speaker presentation voting will occur. In lieu of Show and Tell at the end of the meeting we have the Challenge Entrants talk about their entry and then the winners are announced at the end of the meeting.
April 20th is our Deadline for Quilt Show MINI Quilts – we encourage you to donate at least one to our sale! For Mini Sale guidelines please visit HERE.
|In Person workshops|
9:30am-4:30pm Full Day – Get Your T-Shirt Quilt Started
9:30am-4:30pm Full Day – Bread and Butter Table Runner
|May 20-21, 2023||Quilt Show! – Judson University|
All hands on deck! Quilt Show set-up is Friday May 19th and the show runs through the weekend. We need everyone’s participation to make the show a success. Volunteer sign-ups are at our meetings and in addition we’ll be implementing a new method of signing up for shifts on-line using one of the popular programs available for coordinating our event. Please check back here for the link.
Click here for the Quilt Entry Form
|Quilt Show! – Judson University|
June 9, 2023
June 10, 2023
|All Events take place at Hilton Garden Inn Schaumburg|
Special Event with Laura Heine
Please Note Alternative Day and Time!
Saturday June 10th, 6:30pm Trunk Show
|In Person workshops|
9:30am-4:30pm Full Day – Teeny Tinies Collage
9:30am-4:30pm Full Day – Larger Collage
|July 20, 2023|| Annual Program Reveal 2023 |
…below you’ll find a sneak peak of Programs, Speakers and Events we are currently planning for the 2023-2024 year.
|August 17th, 2023||In Person – Cheryl See||TBA|
|September 21, 2023||In Person – Carol Wilhoit||TBA|
|October 19, 2023||In Person – Lynn Schmitt||TBA|
|November 16, 2023||On Zoom – Krista Moser||TBA|
|December||No meetings this month, enjoy your holidays!|
|January 18, 2024||TBA|
|February 15, 2024||On Zoom – Tina Curran||TBA|
|March 21, 2024||In Person – Connie Martin||TBA|
|April 18, 2024||TBA||TBA|
|May 16, 2024||TBA||TBA|
|June 20, 2024||TBA||TBA|
Sign-Up for a Workshop to Build Your Skills!
Below are the workshop offerings for the 2022-2023 membership year.
February – O Happy Day: Applique Circles Re-Cap (On Zoom)$0.00 Select options
April Workshop Full Day (In Person) with Phyllis Fay – T-Shirt Quilt$60.00 – $70.00 Select options
April Workshop Full Day (In Person) with Phyllis Fay – Bread and Butter Table Runner$60.00 – $70.00 Select options
June Workshop Full Day (In Person) with Laura Heine – Teeny Tiny Collage Kit$60.00 Select options
June Workshop Full Day (In Person) with Laura Heine – Full Size Collage Kit$60.00 Select options
Other News and Happenings!
- “Faces of Hope” – 2023 QS Challenge Coming Soon!Video Links Below to the entire Alex Anderson Face Classes Video 1: Celebrating Quilter Freddy Moran Video 2: Faces Introduction Video 3: The Background Video 4: Customize Your Face Video 7: Video 5: Sewing it All Down Video 6: Quilting It
- Join us on Zoom Thursday January 19th for Julia Graves!Join us Thursday January 19th, 2023 as we welcome Julia Graves to NSQG! Julia is a Quilter, Longarmer, Teacher and Artist from Leesburg, Virginia and will be bringing to us, over the Zoom platform, her lecture and trunk show “Community and Faith in Fiber.”
- Join us on Zoom Thursday November 17th for Quilt 2 End ALZAshli is the founder of Quilt 2 End ALZ, Inc., which is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization connecting quilters with the fight to end Alzheimer’s. Ashli will present a lecture and trunk show about Alzheimer’s disease, what we can do about it, and how Q2EA is using quilting as a platform to encourage, educate and support our quilting community as advocates to end Alzheimer’s.
- Join us Thursday October 20th for Emily Parson Lecture and Trunk ShowOn Thursday October 20th, 2022 we welcome Emily Parson to NSQG! Emily is an award-winning quilt maker from Saint Charles, Illinois. Her quilts have been shown in exhibits and galleries around the world, including Quilt National ’97 and ’99 at the Dairy Barn Arts Center, “Edge to Edge: Selections
- Enjoying the Journey with Giucy GiuceThe NSQG welcomed Giuseppe Ribaudo this past Thursday through Saturday for a lecture and two workshops. During Giuseppe’s trunk show and lecture we were brought along on his journey from a budding stage actor to creating quilts. Posting his creations to Instagram and developing patterns turned out to be
- Let’s Meet Giucy Giuce!Let’s meet our September speaker, Giuseppe Ribaudo. Giucy Guice (aka Giuseppe Ribaudo) grew up in his seamstress grandmother’s home in Long Island, NY. He spent a lot of time watching her precision construction of garments for his entire family while his parents worked at their restaurant. His quilting journey
- NSQG Makes a Showing at AQS Grand Rapids Quilt Show!The Northwest Suburban Quilters Guild was one of 16 guilds to qualify for showing and competing in the Ultimate Guild Challenge at the AQS (American Quilter’s Society) show in Grand Rapids, Michigan this past week (August 17th-21st). Our quilts were well received with many visitors stopping to read the
- Tia Curtis Makes Welsh Quilting Approachable for any Quilter!The NSQG welcomed Tia Curtis to our guild on August 18th, 2022 for her lecture and trunk show on Welsh Quilting.
- Let’s Meet Tia Curtis and don’t forget we have a Venue Change for our August Meeting!Before we forget we want to announce we have a venue change for our August meeting coming up next week on August 18th, 2022. Our meeting location has changed to the Hilton Garden Inn in Schaumburg, IL. The address is 1191 Woodfield Road, Schaumburg, IL 60173-4773. The hotel is
- Mini Quilt Sale AnnouncementThe Miniature Quilt Sale, which occurs during our Quilt Show has posted the mini quilt guidelines. Please visit the Mini Quilt Page for information on how to participate. The NSQG encourages all of our members to donate to our Mini Quilt Sale fundraiser. Thank you for your support!