Time Flies! NSQG Quilt Show
November 2-3, 2019
Holiday Inn | 1000 Busse Road | Elk Grove Village, IL
How time flies when you’re with the people you love, doing the things that you love. The “Time Flies!” theme is in honor of NSQG’s ruby (40th) anniversary. Come and see how our community has grown in friendship, love, and quilting over the years.
If you’re interested in attending the show
, stay tuned, we will have more details about time, tickets, and some exciting opportunities for you, including how to win our 2019 Wild and Goosey raffle quilt
If you’re a guild member, here is important information:
|Guidelines and Forms
- 2019 Ultimate Guild Challenge: In the January meeting, we announced that the show challenge would be based around our Time Flies! theme, and the top 8 vote-getters will be entered in the AQS Grand Rapids Quilt show in August 2020. Download the entry guidelines to see what’s up, and then download the entry form to turn in with your quilt.
- Mini Quilts: We’re requesting each member donate one high-quality mini-quilt to be sold during the show, so our attendees can take home a piece of the beauty they’ve been able to enjoy. You can download the guidelines for mini quilts here: Mini quilt donation guidelines
- American Girl® Doll: Love to sew for 18″ dolls? We are outfitting our 2019 American Girl raffle doll, Blaire. See more about Blaire on her own page (coming soon)!
- Raffle basket donations: New, unused, current sewing and quilting items and large, sturdy baskets.
- Scrap donations: 100% cotton, minimum size 2″ x 2″.
- Book donations: New or like-new books on current topics.
- Show volunteers: Sign up at monthly meetings or contact Becky Reeve.
- Show entry form: If you have a quilt you know you want to enter, or want to know some of the quilt entry guidelines, our 2019 quilt show entry form is ready for you to download.
- Monthly meetings between now and September: Bring your donations
- February 21, 2019: Raffle quilt and doll tickets go on sale at our February meeting. Be sure to pick up your assigned tickets. Our goal is for every member to sell at least $25.
- August 15, 2019: 2019 Ultimate Guild Challenge entries due
- September 19, 2019: Mini quilt donations due
- Friday, November 1, 2019: Show set up (time TBD)
- Saturday, November 2 and Sunday, November 3, 2019 – Work your volunteer shifts: You can sign up to work shifts at the show during our monthly meetings, or contact Becky Reeve.
Several key committee chairperson positions are open, and if you’d like to learn more about these roles, please contact Ann or Joyce as soon as possible. All NSQG members are eligible.
If you’re part of the show’s planning committee, here’s our meeting schedule:
March 2: 10:30 – 12:30 – Conference Room
Schaumburg Township District Library
130 South Roselle Rd.
April 6: 10 – 12 – Classroom Upstairs
Rolling Meadows Library
3110 Martin Lane
May 4: 10-12- C0nference Room
Hoffman Estates Library
1550 Hassell Rd.
This is our only fundraiser, and we need everyone to plan to participate in some fashion. It funds our activities for the following two years. It takes all of us!
Questions? Send us an email at email@example.com.