Time Flies! NSQG Quilt Show
Saturday, November 2, 2019: 9am-6pm
Sunday, November 3, 2018: 10am-5pm
Holiday Inn | 1000 Busse Road | Elk Grove Village, IL
How time flies when you’re with the people you love, doing the things that you love. The “Time Flies!” theme is in honor of NSQG’s ruby (40th) anniversary. Come and see how our community has grown in friendship, love, and quilting over the years.
If you’re interested in attending the show
, stay tuned to this page. We have more details to come. Right now, get excited about our 2019 Wild and Goosey raffle quilt
. We also have Blaire, an American Girl®
doll, and our members are creating a custom wardrobe for her. Check out Blaire’s NSQG pictures and wardrobe
. There is information about how to buy tickets (even if you’re not local) on each of their pages.
For NSQG Members
We still desperately need two more volunteers– someone to sign up venues where the quilt can be displayed/tickets sold, and someone who can enlist and manage coordinating the volunteers who will take it to be shown at the venues.
If you’re willing to take on one of these positions, please contact Ann Kelly or Joyce Drenth. If you have ideas where the quilt can go, please contact Karen Snell. If you can volunteer to take the quilt to a venue, please contact Ann Kelly.
This is our only fundraiser, and we need everyone to plan to participate in some fashion. It funds our activities for the following two years. It takes all of us!
|Guidelines and Forms
- 2019 Ultimate Guild Challenge: In the January meeting, we announced that the show challenge would be based around our Time Flies! theme, and the top eight vote-getters will be entered in the AQS Grand Rapids Quilt show in August 2020. Download the entry guidelines to see what’s up, and then download the entry form to turn in with your quilt.
- Mini Quilts: We’re requesting each member donate one high-quality mini-quilt to be sold during the show, so our attendees can take home a piece of the beauty they’ve been able to enjoy. You can download the guidelines for mini quilts here: Mini quilt donation guidelines
- Ready to donate your mini? Fill out a donation form (also available at meetings) and turn it in at the next monthly meeting (deadline is September 19).
- American Girl® Doll: Love to sew for 18″ dolls? We are outfitting our 2019 American Girl raffle doll, Blaire. See more about Blaire on her own page (coming soon)!
- Raffle basket donations: New, unused, current sewing and quilting items and large, sturdy baskets.
- Scrap donations: 100% cotton, minimum size 2″ x 2″; and, clear plastic “clam shells” with hinged lids for packaging scraps, clean and with stickers removed.
- Book donations: New or like-new books on current topics.
- Show volunteers: Sign up at monthly meetings or contact Becky Reeve. Everyone entering a quilt needs to volunteer for at least six hours.
- Show entry form: If you have a quilt you know you want to enter, or want to know some of the quilt entry guidelines, our 2019 quilt show entry form is ready for you to download.
- Monthly meetings between now and September: Bring your donations
- February 21, 2019: Raffle quilt and doll tickets go on sale at our February meeting. Be sure to pick up your assigned tickets. Our goal is for every member to sell at least $25.
- August 15, 2019: 2019 Ultimate Guild Challenge entries due
- September 19, 2019: Mini quilt donations due
- Friday, November 1, 2019: Show set up (time TBD)
- Saturday, November 2 and Sunday, November 3, 2019
- Work your volunteer shifts: You can sign up to work shifts at the show during our monthly meetings, or contact Becky Reeve.
- Stay at the hotel: If you’re planning to spend your day at the hotel, why not make it a weekend? The Holiday Inn has offered us a special rate for those interested in staying over. Use this link: NSQG Show to get the block room rate. Enter the date(s) you want to stay, and use the code “NSQ” if prompted.
Several key committee chairperson positions are open, and if you’d like to learn more about these roles, please contact Ann or Joyce as soon as possible. All NSQG members are eligible.
If you’re part of the show’s planning committee, here’s our meeting schedule:
April 6: 10 – 12 – Classroom Upstairs
Rolling Meadows Library
3110 Martin Lane
May 4: 10-12- C0nference Room
Hoffman Estates Library
1550 Hassell Rd.
June 1: 10 – 12, Classroom upstairs
Rolling Meadows Library
3110 Martin Lane
Questions? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.