Back by popular demand is this encore presentation of Suzi Parron’s Barn Sign Painting Workshop!
Join the barn quilt movement by creating your own painted quilt block. You will begin with a pre-primed board and go through each step — drafting, taping and painting with careful attention to detail.
The workshop lasts about 4 hours.
You will leave with a finished quilt block or with one last color which will be provided to add at home.
The finished product will be 2 x 2 feet and is the perfect size for mounting on smaller buildings.
When: Friday, September 15th, 2017 Workshop: Painted Quilt Block
Location: Elk Grove Library, 1001 Wellington Avenue, Elk Grove Village, Illinois
Time: 9:30am – 3:00pm
- Pre-Primed 2 x 2 board – this board is supplied in class
- Suggested patterns ready to transfer (you may use your own, but keep it simple – and be ready to draw it onto the board)
- Foam brushes
- Colored pencils and other tools
Supplies YOU need to bring to class:
- Painter’s tape — partial roll or two can share. Green “Frog tape” brand is best, but blue Scotch brand is fine. Narrower tape (about 1 inch) is preferred.
- Yardstick or 24-inch ruler
- Blow dryer for every 3-4 people
- $45 for supplies provided by Suzi (see above)
Questions: Contact Marne at 708-543-5433 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The doors to the library open at 9:00. We can enter the library at that time, set up and be ready to start the workshop at 9:30 sharp.
We will break for lunch, so bring a sack lunch or plan to go out.
Some folks have serious allergies. To make sure we are all comfortable in class please refrain from using perfume or cologne the day of the class.