The Art of Hope Quilt Show
May 20-21, 2023
The Art of Hope Quilt Show Committee is busy planning our show for Spring 2023. Come join the fun of organizing our Bi-annual quilt show! Everyone is welcome to be part of the show. There are still some areas that could use a leader and if you just want to be a helper there are plenty of places you can be of assistance.
Quilt Show Chairs: Renee Puccetti and Linda Wallin
- Awards :
- Book Sales: Sue Leverenz & Kathy Haaker
- Brochure: Cathy Steiner
- Check-in: Doris Johnson
- Data Entry/Quilt Show Registration: Debbie Yates
- Door Prizes: Linda Nemec
- Guild Challenge: Joyce Drenth
- Layout & Planning: Gail Gregory & Cathy Steiner
- Mini Quilts: Karen Snell & Valerie Kuster
- Quilt Pick-Up: Doris Johson
- Raffle Committees:
- Basket Raffle Coordinator:
- Design & Construction of the “Life is Beautiful” Raffle Quilt: Karen Snell & Debbie Yates
- The “Life is Beautiful” Raffle Quilt Coordinator:
- The American Girl Doll “Hope” Raffle Coordinator: Marcia Bowen
- Scrap Sales: Sue Leverenz & Kathy Haaker
- Show Take-down:
- Slide Show:
- Vendors: Martha Ross
- Volunteers: Becky Reeve
Quilt Entries: March 16th, 2023
Challenge Quilt: April 20th, 2023 (But if you’d like to have it in the show please submit a show entry form by March 16th, 2023.)
Mini Quilts for the Mini Quilt Sale: Any time up until March 16th, 2023
Donations of Books and Scrap Fabrics: Beginning in August of 2022 up until April 20th, 2023
Forms for the Show
Our Opportunity Raffle Quilt “Life is Beautiful”
Unveiled at our June 2022 meeting was our “Life is Beautiful” opportunity quilt. Tickets are now on sale. Every guild member is asked to sell $30 worth of tickets and your ticket envelope can be picked up at the monthly meetings.
Ticket pricing is $1 for 1 ticket, $5 for 6 tickets and $10 for 13 tickets.
The quilt center is from the pattern La Vie Est Belle by Jacqueline de Jonge, the border is a complimentary original design by the members of NSQG.
About the Mini Quilt Sale
- Shape: Your miniature quilt can be any shape you like. Square, rectangular, hexi, anything that works for your design is fine.
- Size: The perimeter (distance around) your miniature quilt can measure between 24” to 72”.
- Many miniature quilt stands/hangers fit quilts that are 6”, 10” and 12” across the top, you may want to consider this when choosing your quilt design.
- For a circle quilt you can measure the distance around your quilt.
- Label: Permanent labels are required on the reverse side of your quilt. The label should include your name, 2023 NSQG Quilt Show, and your signature with a permanent marker/pigma pen.
- Batting and Binding: Thin batting and single-fold binding generally work best.
- Hanger: A sleeve/split sleeve or rings are required.
- Due Date: All miniature quilts are requested by March 16, 2023 (March monthly meeting) in order to have time to sort, price and tag.
- Quality Matters: Our attendees are taking home a piece of our show. You can be a beginner or expert quilter, just pick something appropriate for your skill level and do your very best work.
|Sold Well In The Past:||Less Popular:|
|Modern colors and designs||Panels|
|Major holiday themes||Out of date colors|
|Applique/hand embellishments||Less popular holidays|
|Complex piecing/applique/quilting||Unusual themes|
|Children’s themes (animals, monsters)|
Donations of Quilting Fabric Scraps
Beginning in August of 2022 you can start donating your unwanted fabric scraps. Susan Leverenz and Kathy Haaker will be collecting, sorting and pricing these for our Scrap Sale at the show.
How You can help us…
- No fussy cut scraps. It is disappointing to see a lovely fabric, only to find it has a bunch of holes in it.
- Nothing smaller than a 3″ square, unless you have gathered a bunch of smaller pieces separately (i.e, 2″ squares organized in a plastic Ziploc bag).
- Please fold larger pieces, if you can. No need to measure or even iron, but it saves us bunches of time when getting organized if we don’t have to pull out tangled pieces of fabric stuffed into a bag.
- Put your name on both the container and the lid if you bring your scraps in a storage bin that you want returned.
- Quilting fabric only, please.