Our next retreat is scheduled for Novemberuly 10-12th, 2023.
Three times a year, members of the Guild meet for a weekend of sewing, inspiration, guidance, laughing, eating and a whole lot of fun! Sleeping is optional. Participants work on their own projects and, although we do not have a special teacher for these retreats, occasionally someone will demonstrate a new tool or technique. Retreats are at the Hilton Garden Inn in Schaumburg, located at 1191 Woodfield Road in Schaumburg.
The $60 fee covers:
– Your portion of the meeting room, which is our sewing room for the weekend, from 8am Friday to 6pm Sunday. (Early access is not allowed.) Your space includes a six-foot table, access to electrical, and some shared cutting/ironing spaces. (Due to COVID precautions we may not have shared food or water service for upcoming retreats.)
– Access to the special block room rate, available only through the retreat coordinator. (About $125 for two nights in a shared room). If you have a single room or stay more than two nights, you will get the equivalent block rate.
– A complimentary breakfast for every night you stay at the hotel.
– A current membership. Renew here before you register. (Membership runs July 1-June 30)
– A machine, sewing supplies, and your projects.
– Respect for other attendees’ “social space”.
DO NOT MAKE YOUR OWN ROOM RESERVATION! All room reservations are handled through the retreat coordinator to get the block rate. If you have any questions about your reservation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you contact the hotel on your own, you may end up making an additional reservation, for which you will be responsible.
If you have any additional questions, please contact our retreat coordinator at email@example.com.
To register for one of our upcoming retreats, use our secure online system to complete a registration form plus a $60 meeting room fee. (A button will appear at bottom of page when registration opens.) Participation is limited to 30 people or the maximum that will fit the room comfortably.
To be fair to all, reservations are opened on the dates below, usually before noon, and are first come, first served.
Our registration is now online only. You are not guaranteed a spot until we receive both your form and your payment. If you don’t have a smart phone or a computer, please find a buddy to help you register.
November 10-12th, 2023
September 1st, 2023