Our greatest wish is to protect the health of our members. If you have any additional questions, please contact our retreat coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The board has voted to cancel the November 2021 retreat. We are working to find an alternate social gathering that protects the health of our members.
Three times a year, members of the Guild meet for a weekend of sewing, inspiration, guidance, laughing, eating and a whole lot of fun! Sleeping is optional. Participants work on their own projects and, although we do not have a special teacher for these retreats, occasionally someone will demonstrate a new tool or technique. Retreats are at the Hilton Garden Inn in Schaumburg.
The $60 fee covers:
– Your portion of the meeting room, which is our sewing room for the weekend, from 8am Friday to 6pm Sunday. (Early access is not allowed.) Your space includes a six-foot table, access to electrical, and some shared cutting/ironing spaces. (Due to COVID precautions we may not have shared food or water service for upcoming retreats.)
– Access to the special block room rate, available only through the retreat coordinator. (About $100 for two nights in a shared room). If you have a single room or stay more than two nights, you will get the equivalent block rate.
– A complimentary breakfast for every night you stay at the hotel.
– A current membership. Renew here before you register. (Membership runs July 1-June 30)
– A machine, sewing supplies, and your projects.
– Respect for other attendees’ “social space”.
We are currently discussing any additional precautions we may need to take to ensure the health and safety of our members at retreats during the pandemic. We will post additional information as it becomes available.
To register for one of our upcoming retreats, use our secure online system to complete a registration form plus a $60 meeting room fee. (A button will appear at bottom of page when registration opens.) Participation is limited to 30 people.
To be fair to all, reservations are opened on the dates below, usually before noon, and are first come, first served.
Our registration is now online only. You are not guaranteed a spot until we receive both your form and your payment. If you don’t have a smart phone or a computer, please find a buddy to help you register.
Hilton Garden Inn, Schaumburg is located at 1191 Woodfield Road in Schaumburg.
Please remember that NSQG is an all-volunteer organization, and many of us have “day jobs”. Hundreds of hours go into planning a retreat, and making the registration experience easy for both the planners and the attendees. We test everything to the best of our abilities prior to opening registration. In most cases we are not technical, and probably won’t be able to solve any IT issues you have during regular business hours.